Towards SDGs fulfilment: From local action to global reach
Welcome to the Towards SDGs fulfilment: From local action to global reach Course!
Being able to organize particular community towards positive social change on local level and also communicate this activity as a powerful story is an important skill for leaders. The idea of this project is to create an eLearning course on the UN Agenda 2030 for (18+ years old) young activists, youth workers and nonprofit volunteers or charity workers willing to take an action towards an achievement of SDGs as individuals, bring and promote positive social change to their communities on local levels.
In this subject, you will learn about an importance of the UN Agenda 2030 together with its 17 SDGs and how to take an action and organize an event, as well as how to use storytelling to communicate your local action to different audiences on national or even global level. You will also learn how to use media and social networks towards their SDGs-related community activities promotion. This course also serves as an opportunity to practice creating and sharing stories from your local community work with global nonprofit community.
- Understand the principles of the UN Agenda 2030 together with its 17 SDGs
- Learn how to take an action and plan an event at the local level
- Learn how to create a story and tailor it to different audiences
- Learn how to use media and social networks towards the SDGs-related community activities promotion
- Develop short story (written article or audio-visual presentation)
This four week course consists of three modules which include pre-recorded videos, interactive presentations, reading materials, quizzes, and discussion topics. During the final module, there will be one applied learning activity (final assignment) followed by an Evaluation. Course materials should be reviewed following the below schedule:
- Module 1: Caring about the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (1st week)
- Module 2: Taking an action towards the SDGs fulfilment (2nd week)
- Module 3: Covering community activities in the media (3rd week)
- Final Assignment and Evaluation / Course Survey (4th week)
The entire Towards SDGs fulfilment: From local action to global reach Course should take approximately 12 hours to complete. So let’s get started!
To successfully complete this course, you will:
- Review all content
- Take all quizes
- Contribute to the discussion forums
- Complete and submit one applied learning activity